Dyslexia Ayrshire - About Us
Dyslexia Ayrshire is a voluntary organisation representing the needs and interests of dyslexic people in Scotland, and in Ayrshire in particular. Dyslexia Ayrshire is maintained by a group of volunteers, mainly parents of children with dyslexia.
Our aim is to 'Make a Difference' in Ayrshire and throughout Scotland, to enable and encourage everyone with dyslexia, regardless of their age and abilities, to reach their potential.
- A local helpline for both children and their families and adult with dyslexia, teachers and employers. (01292 590789)
- Education and support meetings with highly qualified speakers in the field of dyslexia. (These meetings are normaly held in the Lecture Theatre, University Hospital, Ayr.)
- Partnership meetings with Local Authorities
- Advice on how to contact a Chartered Educational Psychologist for a full private assessment
- Guidance on how to make appropriate requests to your school, college, university or place of employment
- The opportunity to take up issues at the level of the Scottish Government via the Cross Party Group on Dyslexia, which Dyslexia Ayrshire set up in 2005
- Representation for parents within the HMIe Task Group on dyslexia
- Assistance with helping parents plan and organise meetings with their school